2019 Hangout Procedures
The ‘Hangout’ is offered to students in grades 7, 8, 9 and 10 until 6:00 pm daily (unless otherwise posted). Students in grades 11 and 12 must have prior written approval from administration in order to remain in the Hangout after the second bus has left (approximately 4:00 -4:30 PM), but they are always welcome and encouraged to attend after school clubs or workshops.
All students must submit the Hangout registration form and behavioral contract, signed by both the student and parent, BEFORE the student may utilize the Hangout. The registration forms can be found on our website or in the main office.
Please turn in the registration forms prior to Tuesday, 9/3/19 if your student plans to utilize the Hangout on the first day of school. There is an annual non-refundable registration fee of $20 per student ($35 per family) that can be paid via check or cash in the main office or with a credit card using SP Ezpay found on our website.
Before and After School Information
The building is open at 7:00 am. Students are expected to go to the cafegymatorium until 8:15. Breakfast is available and there is adult supervision.
After school, the Hangout is a supervised area for kids to wait for rides after school. The Hangout is open until 6:00 pm on regular school days, but hours are subject to change on exam days or half days.
Students are expected to report directly to the Hangout immediately after school is dismissed and follow check-in procedures. Student must check in by 3:45 pm. Students who have after school activities will need a pass from a staff member in order to enter the Hangout after 3:45 p.m.
Students who aren’t registered for the Hangout will be expected to leave school at 3:45.
Hangout Rules 2019
- All students must have a completed enrollment form on file to use the Hangout.
- All students who attend the Hangout are expected to have a $20 registration fee on file and pay a $2.00 daily fee.
- Hangout privileges will be revoked after parents and students receive a warning letter/email/phone call explaining consequences for non-payment, and students will be asked to leave the building at dismissal. After balance is received, advanced payment will be required before student is allowed to return to Hangout.
- Students are expected to be in the Hangout or heading home 15 minutes after students are dismissed from their last class of the day.
- For students who ride Smart Bus will have their daily fee waived if the student takes the Smart Bus when it arrives. Missing the bus, will result in a Hangout fee for that day.
- For students who participate in school sponsored after school activities such as tutoring/workshops, clubs, meetings must have a pass will have their daily fee waived, but any use of 30 minutes or more in the Hangout requires full payment.
- For outside school activities that end after 4:30 p.m. (i.e. soccer, choir/band performances, field trips, etc.) Teachers/staff sponsoring after-school activities should not expect to just return students to school and expect them to wait in the Hangout for a ride. Pre-arrangements/payment should be in place for the Hangout director to expect these returning students at a certain time or the responsible staff will wait with students in the school until their ride arrives.
- Students waiting for school sponsored activities to begin after 6:00 p.m. should have a plan in place for “gap” time between when the Hangout closes and the activity begins. (ie: school dances @ 7:00 p.m.).