Unified Classroom For Students
Use the following directions to support a parent or student in setting up an account in Unified Classroom (UC).
The most significant issue is that if you use a computer that has already accessed UC, it sometimes will open a cached version of the page and you won’t be able to access the appropriate page to initiate the set up process. In order to do avoid the cached page, you can open an incognito window on google chrome (to do this, right click on the google chrome icon and select open incognito window).
Use the following steps to create a Unified Classroom Portal account Student PowerSchool ID
- In a web browser, enter your PowerSchool Student and Parent portal URL. https://ps.aaw.misd.net/public/
- On the Student and Parent Sign In page, click Parent Sign In (as a parent) or click Student Sign In (as a student).
Note: As a parent, if you do not already have a PowerSchool Student and Parent portal username and password, click the Create Account tab to create a parent account. For detailed information, see Create a Parent Account in the PowerSchool Student and Parent portal online help.
- On the Welcome to Unified Classroom Sign In page, click Create PowerSchool ID.
- On the PowerSchool ID Creation page, enter your existing PowerSchool Student and Parent portal username and password.
- Click Next.
- On the Welcome to Unified Classroom PowerSchool ID page appears, click Continue.
- On the Set Up Your New PowerSchool ID page, enter your username in the PowerSchool ID field, a password (with all the restrictions), and then the password again.
- Click Create PowerSchool ID. Note your PowerSchool ID and Sign In URL. You will need this information to sign in to Unified Classroom in the
- Click Continue to Unified Classroom. The Unified Classroom Dashboard appears.
After the initial set up, there will be two ways to access your student’s information which have separate log-ins:
1) The PowerSchool App will remain unchanged. You can continue to use your original username and password as before and you will be able to find the same information. The PowerSchool App is still available in the iTunes Store or Google Play. To access the Arts Academy app, our district code is: CTFL.
2) The online PowerSchool Parent Portal will be replaced to allow you to access the resources available through the PowerSchool Unified Classroom.
There is an app called PowerSchool Mobile available on the Google Play Store or the Apple App store. You will use your PowerSchool Access ID to use the app. (Not your Unified CLassroom password.)
The District Code for the PowerSchool App is CTFL
Each spring, our Counselor will visit classrooms to talk to students about requesting courses for next year.
In order to be prepared, families should regularly review the information in PowerSchool with their student. In addition to keeping track of current grades, you should review your student’s current schedule and graduation progress. The documents linked to the right, the Curriculum Guide and the course selection documents, will be helpful as well.
Before the counselor visits, teachers will take time in class to describe the sequence of courses for their subject area and to make recommendations about next year’s courses. For any students who may be taking courses out of sequence, teachers will pull them aside to describe what courses they should select next.
In order to ensure that your student is prepared to select courses for next year, please remind your students about the following:
- They will need to know what class they should take next.
- They will need their PowerSchool access codes
- They should be aware of when we are meeting with students.
If you have any questions about these procedures, feel free to contact Dr. Mitchell or Ms. Chappelle.
Dear AAW Class of 2019 and Parents of the Class of 2019,
Herff Jones will handle graduation memorabilia and other items for the seniors. A representative will come to the school and give a presentation to seniors on Thursday, November 1st during 6th hour. Students will be bringing home order information on that day. Herff Jones will then return on November 7th and 8th to take orders during both lunch periods.
Seniors that plan to use their own photo in the yearbook (instead of the school photographer’s photo), will need to submit an electronic copy. Senior Pictures can be submitted in a 3×3 inches, 300 dpi, Jpeg format to Mr Guary at email@example.com Please write your name in the subject line so the yearbook staff can contact you if there is a problem.
Senior picture guidelines…
•No filters such as SnapChat
•Formal or causal clothes
•Head and shoulders only
If a picture is not submitted or doesn’t follow these guidelines the yearbook staff will use the school picture taken by Lifetouch.
Please check our yearbook page for photo details and deadlines.
Senior dues for the Class of 2019 are $130. Senior Dues must be paid in full by February 1st, 2019. Checks can be made payable to: Arts Academy in the Woods. All monies should be turned into the office, so that you can get a receipt.
Senior dues will help cover the cost of:
- Graduation items and expenses (Cap & Gown, 5 Tickets to Graduation (5), Announcements (20), and Auditorium Rental).
- Senior T-Shirt
- Senior Dinner, on the day of Graduation Rehearsal (Seniors Only)
(Prom Tickets and Yearbooks are NOT included in Senior Dues.)
More notices will be sent home and/or made available on our website (www.artsacad.net). If you have any questions, please contact your class advisors.
Eric Rudko firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Stanley email@example.com
Senior Class Advisors
Important Dates for Seniors
Senior Dues are Due
Senior College Trip
Prom Ticket Deadline
Evening of the Arts
Grad Tix, Cap&Gowns distributed at lunch
Tuesday – Friday 05.28-05.31.19
Senior Final Exams
Graduation Ceremony Rehearsal and Senior Class Dinner
Friday – 06.07.2019
Click the button below for more information
Senior Dates 2019
Code of Conduct and Parent Handbook
The success of each student is a responsibility shared by all members of our society. Arts
Academy in the Woods recognizes that the main responsibility for student success rests with the
school, the home and the individual student. As a school citizen, each student has certain rights,
privileges and responsibilities. An effective school organization must include fair rules that will
protect the rights of all and permit the educational process to proceed in an orderly fashion. The
parents must prepare the student by fostering a positive attitude toward learning as well as
ensuring regular attendance and appropriate behavior on the part of the student. The school must
provide an environment that is safe, orderly and conducive to learning.
It is the purpose of this publication to ensure that the students have full knowledge of their rights
and responsibilities and clearly understand the consequences of behaviors that infringe upon
others’ rights. This code will apply to all student behaviors occurring on any school property, at
any school sponsored activity or related to events occurring on school property or school related
activity. We believe that students should be recognized for good conduct and that acts of
misconduct will result in disciplinary, corrective and/or legal action against the student.
Please read this publication carefully, be guided by its content, and work with the teachers and
administrators to make the Academy an enjoyable place to live and learn.
Arts Academy in the Woods now has the ability to manage internal documents to reflect a student’s preferred name in PowerSchool and other unofficial documents. If you or your student are interested in using a preferred/affirmed name in unofficial records, please fill out the form linked below.
By requesting a change, the student acknowledges that his/her/their affirming/preferred name WILL be visible in PowerSchool and WILL appear on all unofficial school related documents (i.e. Parent Portal, letters sent home, yearbook, etc.). However, official records like standardized tests and transcripts will still have the student’s legal name on them.
The student may request a change ONLY ONCE per school year.
Please note: This change is not legally binding and is for internal use only.