Unified Classroom For Students
Use the following directions to support a parent or student in setting up an account in Unified Classroom (UC).
The most significant issue is that if you use a computer that has already accessed UC, it sometimes will open a cached version of the page and you won’t be able to access the appropriate page to initiate the set up process. In order to do avoid the cached page, you can open an incognito window on google chrome (to do this, right click on the google chrome icon and select open incognito window).
Use the following steps to create a Unified Classroom Portal account Student PowerSchool ID
- In a web browser, enter your PowerSchool Student and Parent portal URL. https://ps.aaw.misd.net/public/
- On the Student and Parent Sign In page, click Parent Sign In (as a parent) or click Student Sign In (as a student).
Note: As a parent, if you do not already have a PowerSchool Student and Parent portal username and password, click the Create Account tab to create a parent account. For detailed information, see Create a Parent Account in the PowerSchool Student and Parent portal online help.
- On the Welcome to Unified Classroom Sign In page, click Create PowerSchool ID.
- On the PowerSchool ID Creation page, enter your existing PowerSchool Student and Parent portal username and password.
- Click Next.
- On the Welcome to Unified Classroom PowerSchool ID page appears, click Continue.
- On the Set Up Your New PowerSchool ID page, enter your username in the PowerSchool ID field, a password (with all the restrictions), and then the password again.
- Click Create PowerSchool ID. Note your PowerSchool ID and Sign In URL. You will need this information to sign in to Unified Classroom in the
- Click Continue to Unified Classroom. The Unified Classroom Dashboard appears.
After the initial set up, there will be two ways to access your student’s information which have separate log-ins:
1) The PowerSchool App will remain unchanged. You can continue to use your original username and password as before and you will be able to find the same information. The PowerSchool App is still available in the iTunes Store or Google Play. To access the Arts Academy app, our district code is: CTFL.
2) The online PowerSchool Parent Portal will be replaced to allow you to access the resources available through the PowerSchool Unified Classroom.
Each spring, our Counselor will visit classrooms to talk to students about requesting courses for next year.
In order to be prepared, families should regularly review the information in PowerSchool with their student. In addition to keeping track of current grades, you should review your student’s current schedule and graduation progress. The documents linked to the right, the Curriculum Guide and the course selection documents, will be helpful as well.
Before the counselor visits, teachers will take time in class to describe the sequence of courses for their subject area and to make recommendations about next year’s courses. For any students who may be taking courses out of sequence, teachers will pull them aside to describe what courses they should select next.
In order to ensure that your student is prepared to select courses for next year, please remind your students about the following:
- They will need to know what class they should take next.
- They will need their PowerSchool access codes
- They should be aware of when we are meeting with students.
If you have any questions about these procedures, feel free to contact Dr. Mitchell or Ms. Chappelle.
Dear AAW Class of 2019 and Parents of the Class of 2019,
Herff Jones will handle graduation memorabilia and other items for the seniors. A representative will come to the school and give a presentation to seniors on Thursday, November 1st during 6th hour. Students will be bringing home order information on that day. Herff Jones will then return on November 7th and 8th to take orders during both lunch periods.
Seniors that plan to use their own photo in the yearbook (instead of the school photographer’s photo), will need to submit an electronic copy. Photos are to be submitted to the google form: Senior Photos no later than Friday, February 1st , 2018. Please check our yearbook page for photo details and deadlines.
Senior dues for the Class of 2019 are $130. Senior Dues must be paid in full by February 1st, 2019. Checks can be made payable to: Arts Academy in the Woods. All monies should be turned into the office, so that you can get a receipt.
Senior dues will help cover the cost of:
- Graduation items and expenses (Cap & Gown, 5 Tickets to Graduation (5), Announcements (20), and Auditorium Rental).
- Senior T-Shirt
- Senior Dinner, on the day of Graduation Rehearsal (Seniors Only)
(Prom Tickets and Yearbooks are NOT included in Senior Dues.)
More notices will be sent home and/or made available on our website (www.artsacad.net). If you have any questions, please contact your class advisors.
Eric Rudko firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Stanley email@example.com
Senior Class Advisors
Important Dates for Seniors
Senior Dues are Due
Graduation Ceremony Ceremony and Rehearsal Dinner for Senior Class
Friday – 06.07.2019
There is an app called PowerSchool Mobile available on the Google Play Store or the Apple App store. You will use your PowerSchool Access ID to use the app. (Not your Unified CLassroom password.)
The District Code for the PowerSchool App is CTFL