Schedule Change Requests
Students and teachers, fill out the linked form to request a schedule change.
Who Do I Talk to About...
A guide for Arts Academy families on areas of staff expertise.
Your teachers are here to help you!
Your first stop is almost always the teaching staff
The Academy’s teaching staff is the first line of communication for parents and students with questions about day to day activities.
The following are general topics that can be discussed with teachers:
- Questions, comments or concerns about academic achievement or classroom discipline issues
- Questions about assignments or test grades
A Parent Liaison is a staff member (not a volunteer) who works to bridge the gap between home and school by helping parents get the information and support they need to ensure their child’s academic and social success. As a parent, the liaison is your private link, connection, and bridge to your child’s school.
- Exploring career interests, or researching and developing career plans
- Information about missing credits, credit recovery, dual enrollment, or Early College enrollment
- Exploring college and post High school programs of study
- Individual or group counseling recommendations
- Help coordinating community/agency programs
Mrs. Ziolkowski (aka Mrs. Z) and Ms. Prainito
- Learning about food banks, community mental health agencies, therapists, psychiatrists
- Learning about assistance and resources for homelessness
- Need for a liaison between agency and school
- Socio-Emotional issues a student is having that is hindering their learning
Outreach & Admissions
- Wanting to host a Shadow Student
- Wanting to help out with Open House, festivals, or other outreach events
- Having a friend/relative who wants to attend the Academy
- Needing help finding a carpool to/from school
- Wanting to put on an after school event or coordinate a club (Like a movie night, a game night, or an after school cub)
- Thinking of transferring to another school district
- Signing up for the monthly newsletter
Our principal should be contacted regarding the following issues:
- General questions about the school
- Questions about school policies and procedures
- Questions about school-wide discipline issues or concerns
- Questions about the school’s mission or philosophy
- Concerns about the way an issue is handled by a staff member
Dr. Mitchell is usually available in the Main Office on school days.
The board is the last step for resolving an issue at AAW and they should be contacted for the following issues
- Appealing a disciplinary measure
- Proposing ideas for new programs or policy changes
- Concerns that have not been adequately addressed by school administrators
The board can be contacted during their regular, monthly Board meetings. Dates and times are listed on the school calendar