We believe education involves more than what you learn from books. At Arts Academy in the Woods, we help nurture and develop your child’s talents. Since our founding in August 2001, our students have practiced an art of their own choosing.
Dance, music, visual arts or drama are a part of every student’s schedule — ART EVERY DAY. Our extensive arts program is combined with a solid academic curriculum, including math, science, English, and languages.
Arts Academy in the Woods is chartered by the Macomb Intermediate School District’s Board of Education, who oversees its operations, including finances and curriculum. We are located in a tranquil, tree-lined neighborhood in Fraser at 32101 Caroline Street, just northwest of the intersection of Masonic and Utica Road.
As a charter school that is free to any high school student in Michigan, we draw students from Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties.
Arts Academy in the Woods prepares our graduates to pursue the highest level of success in their post-secondary artistic, academic, vocational, and community lives.
Arts Academy in the Woods ….
- Provides excellence in an integrated arts and academics education with high standards that challenge all students.
- Embodies a safe and healthy physical and emotional environment that promotes inclusion and respect for individuality and diversity.
- Believes that effective communication among stakeholders, especially engaged listening, is essential to the successful development of our school.
- Supports and guides the student as artist through exploration, freedom of choice and expression, and frequent opportunities to showcase talents.
- Is a unique educational experience in Southeastern Michigan that prepares students for post-secondary and vocational success with a lifelong appreciation for art and learning.
- Staff embrace continuous learning with a passion for their content and the arts, while incorporating life skills and character development in their instruction.
- Cultivates and nurtures the highest expectations for performance and behavior throughout our community